MatriScope was on-hand to witness the topping out of the new DOCO tower in downtown Sacramento! This new mixed use tower features:
- 45 luxury residences
- Office space
- Ground floor retail
- 250 room boutique Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
The Sawyer is named after Judge Lorenzo Sawyer. Justice Sawyer served on the United States Circuit Court for the 9th Circuit from 1870-1891. In 1884, he ordered a ban on mining processes that were negatively impacting streams in the Sacramento area the surrounding farmland. The ruling, now known as the Sawyer Decision, is widely recognized as one of the first environmental protection laws in the country.
The tower is an exciting complement to the Golden 1 Center and other changes at the site, formerly known as Downtown Plaza. We look forward to watching the tower’s completion and can’t wait of the grand opening and other changes coming to the area!